Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 1 - Tromsø, Day 2 - NordKapp

I'm a bit sick at the moment hence the slow replies. Also the internet on board the cruise ship is extremely slow so I am unable to upload photos but I will when I get faster internet access.

Our morning on day 1 in Norway was flying from London Heathrow to Oslo and then to Tromsø where we boarded the ship. We had 3 hours before we boarded so spent time around the town of Tromso taking photos and exploring. We had dinner on board the ship, named Nordkapp. Dinner was quite nice, we sat at a table of 50-60 year old couples, all British, one couple retired and the other working. Most of the people here on board the ship are about that age. Feels a bit strange actually.

At night we felt REALLY sea sick and started to throw up our dinner. :( It was bloody awful. Had some sea sick pills today and that helped a bit. Tried to catch some of the northern lights but we didn't see much.

Day 2 was spent in Nordkapp, as in the area called North Cape. The northern most point in .. the North. I have lots of cool photos to show and I will update this post later at some stage. Also bought a few souvenirs, shirts and post cards namely. A few hours ago we saw a spectacular display of Northern Lights on the ship, it was incredible. I took a few photos too.

Now I'm feeling a bit sea sick again so I'm going off to rest. I realise I'm not a big fan of being on board a ship. Tomorrow we're off to Kerkines (gotta check spelling but Internet here is slow!) and staying in an Ice hotel. I'll try to post some photos at some point later.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment