Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 3 - Ishestar horse riding

Today we visited ishestar and rode on icelandic horses for 2 hours. I was allocated a rather…. special horse. Our guide gave me a horse whip for this horse. I was wondering why I was the only one given the whip and then later I found out this horse was rather.. disobedient. Our horses are led to walk in a single file, mine was a bit slow, so I had to whip him frequently to catch up with the horse ahead of mine. When he did catch up he was too close to the horse ahead and left his saliva all over its tail.  Go horsey.

Anyway my rear end is now quite sore and I am extremely tired, we're off to a mountain and river safari in the morning. Here are today's photos.

Outside ishestar.  It's been extremely windy today with a high of -1 degrees C.

























Lauren and her horse.  Check out the surrounding lava landscape.



















Me and my horse with bonus whip



















After horse riding we went to Kringlan, the largest shopping centre in Reykjavik. We walked a few rounds to check out the shops and grocery stores then went back to the hotel to prepare for dinner. Dinner was at Restaurant Reykjavik, where we had fish buffet.  I didn't eat much as I was just way too tired (Yes there are times when I do not eat like a horse).

No comments:

Post a Comment